11 July 2017
Research Enthusiast / Computer Scientist (m/f/d) for participation in research projects
Are you interested in methods and tools in software development for embedded systems?
Within the framework of research projects, we explore the potential uses of new (model-based) methods and tools. For this purpose, we work closely with other industrial partners and investigate the limitations of existing methods and tools. As part of your work, you can learn about current methods of software development from research and examine their operational capability in real development. In addition, you can prepare the use of tools that support these methods together with our partners. You also learn how to handle safety standards, such as with the ISO 26262, with the DO-330 or with the IEC 61508, which are indispensable in the development of modern technical software in cars, airplanes or complex technical systems.
For example, you take on the following activities:
- Collaboration on the concrete objective of the research work
- Coordination with our research partners
- Investigation of the development process of our industrial partners; Conducting interviews
- Investigation of the applicability of development methods among our industrial partners
- Creation of suitable subsets of methods for the use with industrial-grade tools
- Considerations on the qualifiability of these tools for use in safety-relevant developments
We offer you
- An attractive salary
- Meaningful learning opportunities to help in career progression.
- Flat hierarchies, short decision-making paths
- Friendly, respectful and creative working environment
- Exciting corporate and team building events
- Spacious office rooms
- Work-life balance through flexible working times & possibility to work from home
- Convenient central location in Munich (directly at the S-Bahn station Hackerbrücke)
You have the following knowledge
- University degree (Bachelor, Master or Diploma) in Computer Science or a comparable course of study.
- Analytical, logical thinking and a good abstraction ability
- Experience in dealing with development processes and domain-specific models
- Programming experience in the development of embedded systems is advantageous
- Practical experience in programming (e.g. with Python, Java or C/C++) and modeling (e.g. UML or Eclipse/EMF)
- Interest in safety standards and maturity models for software development, like e.g. ISO 26262, IEC 61508, DO-178B/C, DO-330, CMMI, (Automotive) SPICE, …
You have the following skills
- Independent and methodical work
- Quality awareness
- Excellent communication and willingness to work in a team
- Enjoy the development and presentation of concepts
- Very good written and spoken German and very good English