Call for Presentation and Exhibitions: Second Tool Qualification Symposium
Tool classification and qualification creates confidence into the use of tools that are used for the development of safety critical systems. Therefore the functional safety standards (ISO 26262, DO-178, IEC 61508, EN 50128) require classification and qualification of the used development tools in safety relevant projects.
Several methods can be applied to create the required confidence into tools. Restriction of tool inputs and verification of outputs are possible process extensions that reduce the confidence requirements. Testing the used functionality for the absence of potential undetected errors is a frequently used method to provide the required confidence of qualification kits that are available for many tools.
The first tool qualification symposium in 2013 (http://www.validas.de/tqs2013.html) has brought together over 70 tool users and tool providers from different industrial sectors. The second tool qualification symposium will be open for presentations and tool qualification exhibitions.
Partial agenda (early submissions)
Following talks have been accepted:
- Dr. Udo Brockmeyer: Leveraging Tool Pre-Qualification in the context of DO-178C and DO-330
- Andrea Osterloh/Tina Heimer: Variant Handling in Tool Chain Analysis
- Nicole Pappler/Julian Wolf/Bernd Spanfelner/Doris Wild: Automotive SPICE and TÜV SÜD „Fit-for-purpose” Certificate – A Case Study
- Jan Philipps/Dr. Oscar Slotosch: Unified Formalism for Tool Classification
- Thomas Wengler/Niels Köhler: Qualification of the BMW Code Generator
Following tutorials will be offered:
- Model based Tool Classification
- Model based Tool Qualification Kit
For a presentation either submit an abstract or a presentation via email@example.com.
There is a second deadline for the late submissions on the 15th January 2014.
The submissions will be reviewed and selected from our program committee, consisting of
- Frédéric Pothon (ACG Solutions)
- Dr. Jürgen Klarmann (ETAS)
- Rainer Faller (Exida)
- Dr. Oscar Slotosch (Validas)
Notification of acceptance will be until the end of January 2014.
The presentation should have some concrete qualification contents and may include
- Experiences from tool classification and qualification (Users or Tool providers)
- Methods and processes for tool qualification
- Benefits in term of process improvements using qualified tools
- The presentations should include a technical content that allows to judge how the confidence has been created for the considered tool(s).
Exhibition & Sponsoring
The exhibition will allow tool providers to demonstrate to the present qualification experts how the confidence into their tools is created. For example by presenting tool qualification kits, validation test suites or other evidences. Exhibitors can submit their request until 28th February 2014, the earlier a submission arrives, the earlier the company will be announces as exhibitor and sponsor.
For exhibitors and sponsors we provide the following opportunity for a fixed price of 2000.- Euro:
- Place their logo on the symposium internet pages
- Place their logo in the conference chair
- One ticket for the symposium (two days)
- Exhibition on the symposium (two days) with a place of 12 to 20 m2 for exhibition space including a table, internet, poster wall
- A 5 min presentation in the plenary (1st day) to shortly invite to visit them in the exhibition
Date and Location
The second tool qualification symposium will be hold in Munich on 9th and 10th of April 2014. The exact location will be published soon. The early registration goes until 28th February 2014.
For further details write to firstname.lastname@example.org