Tool Qualification Symposium 2014
Munich, 9-10 April 2014
Tool classification and qualification creates confidence into the usage of tools that are used for development of safety critical systems. Therefore the functional safety standards (ISO 26262, DO-178, IEC 61508, EN 50128) require classification and qualification of the development tools in safety relevant projects.
Various methods can be applied to create the required confidence into tools. Restriction of tool input and verification of output are possible process extensions that reduce the confidence requirements. Testing the used functionality for the absence of potential undetected errors is a frequently used method to provide the required confidence, qualification kits being available for many tools.
The first Tool Qualification Symposium in 2013 has brought together over 70 tool users and tool providers from different industrial sectors. The second tool qualification symposium will be open for presentations and tool qualification exhibitions.
Click here for download the flyer.
Do not hesitate write to firstname.lastname@example.org for further details.
- Presentation proposals: until January 17, 2014 (extended)
- Notification of acceptance: until February 10, 2014.
- Early Registration: until February 28, 2014.
- Exhibition proposals: until March 28, 2014
- Registration deadline for the symposium: April 2, 2014
- Tool qualification symposium: 9th and 10th of April 2014
Call for Presentations
The presentation should have concrete qualification content and may include
- Experiences from tool classification and qualification (Users or Tool providers),
- Methods and processes for tool qualification,
- Benefits in term of process improvements using qualified tools.
- The presentations should include technical content that allows to judge how confidence has been created for the considered tool(s).
Presentation proposals should be submitted until January 17, 2014. Follow the link for further information about accepted presentations.Back to top
Call for Exhibitors
The exhibition will allow tool providers to demonstrate qualification experts being present how the confidence into their tools is created. For example by presenting tool qualification kits, validation test suites or other evidence. Exhibitors can submit their request until March 28, 2014, the earlier a submission arrives, the earlier the company will be announced as exhibitor and sponsor.
For exhibitors and sponsors we provide the following at a fixed price of 2000.- Euro:
- Place their logo on the symposium internet pages
- Place their logo in the conference chair
- One ticket for the symposium (two days)
- Exhibition on the symposium (two days) with a place of 12 to 20 m2 for exhibition space including a table, internet, poster wall
- A 5 min presentation in the plenary (1st day) to invite for a visit to their exhibition.
Follow the link for details about registered exhibitors.Back to top